Wednesday, October 12, 2011

They Keep On Coming!

The past two weekends contained two very fun and very different competitions, let the comparisons begin:
Morven Park Horse Trials
-it was cold from the minute we pulled in
-it starts to rain the minute I reach the warm up ring, and doesn't stop...ever
-dressage was in the grass with rain coming in sideways
-Apollo tried his best despite the incredibly inconvenient rain
-show jumping was cold, and wet and cold
-SJ course was rather challenging, definitely not a sit-back-and-enjoy type of cours
-I realized my fingers were completely numb and I had no feeling in them somewhere between jump 7 and 8
-Apollo saved my butt when aforementioned fingers would not work
-cross country was wet, and cold and muddy and long
-cross country was felt long, but was really fun (maybe it's just because I thrive on challenges)
-Apollo was a beast and made me remember why I bought him
D: 40.00
SJ: 4
XC: 13.60
Total: 57.60--->5th place

Maryland Horse Trials at Loch Moy
-slightly chilly on saturday morning but I'm sweating by 2pm
-absolutely sunny and warm all weekend
-dressage is on the dragged, watered, all-weather footing dressage pad
-Apollo, while not perfect, showed how much we've improved since the beginning of the season
-show jumping had a fun new warm up ring above the competition ring
-SJ rode really well and smoothly despite the tight turns that looked otherwise
-Apollo demonstrated his fun new trick of touching a pole enough that it makes a sound but not enought to make it drop resulting in a flash freak out from his rider
-cross country had amazing footing for the weather that area has had lately
-cross country felt very easy, especially after last weekend and was a good confidence boost for Virginia
-Apollo showed great improvements by actually listening to me when I asked him to rebalance for fences
-Apollo reminds me again why I bought him
D: 38.6
SJ: 0
XC: 0
Total: 38.6--->3rd place

So both weekends were very much worth it, very different, but very much worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment