Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ooooo-cala where the wind comes drifting through the palms....

I'm in a bit of a singing mood right, hence the title. Time for a quick recap:
8 people on the bull-SUCCESS
After 2 1/2 weeks of not riding at all (trust me, I was going insane) I came home and threw myself into riding for the next week and a half by riding not only my new and improved Apollo, fresh from dressage bootcamp part 2, but also my other horse Cordoba who needed a bit of a bootcamp himself. Let's just say that I never realized how much the sitting trot can hurt when you don't do it for a while.
The day after Christmas my mom and I packed the truck and trailer and headed out on our 2 day trip down to Ocala in the land of Glory-da. When we pulled into the O'Connor's I immediately felt like I'd come back home. With the gorgeous rolling green fields contrasting with the blue skies with palm trees being rustled by a soft breeze Meredyth South truly looks like an eventer's dream.
The week of camp went by unbelievably quickly with most of us being repeats to the camp and knowing the lectures like the back's of our hands  being familiar with the lessons we were able to get into more advanced lessons much faster.
I'll only make one reference to the first night dance party where we scared David with our Bernie-ing abilities or the Wednesday night karaoke dinner. Hey, what happens at O'Connor Eventing Camp stays at O'Connor Eventing Camp...unless photographic evidence gets posted on Eventing Nation of course.
(http://eventingnation.com/home/2010/07/good-times-at-camp-ocet.html)
The camp is really my favorite week of the year. It's just about 100 hours of good people, great times, and amazing instruction.
how to get 8 people off a bull very quickly

I now get to look forward to one more week of enjoying the Florida sunshine before I head back up to the Virginia mountains for another semester of college after starting my 2012 season at Ocala I HT at prelim this coming weekend. Knowing the people that I'll be hanging out with this week, it will certainly not be a boring week. But I guess it's just another day in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment