Monday, June 6, 2011

Gypsy Summer

I started this season by moving my main competition horse to a new stable which allows me to pay by the day or week when i need to, which is coming in handy this summer. Then after competing every single weekend for 7 weeks straight I left for North Carolina. I went for 2 weeks to Equiventure Farm in Rougemont, North Carolina to work for Holly Hudspeth the last weeks of May. Of course taking the weekend I was there off to run up to Lexington for the Virginia Horse Trials. I moved up to Prelim there (6th baby!) which was why I was competing so much in the spring, so as to  qualify for said move up.
I am now home for a week and a half (my silly High School graduation was yesterday--Yay I'm a graduate!) before I jaunt on up to Pennsylvania for 2 1/2 weeks to work for Boyd Martin.
So now the point of this was not to flaunt it in anyone who may be reading this (and caring)'s face but rather to have a place to record my Gypsy summer. While it is a tad late to start recording this, I figure there is no time like the present.
First I have to give a shout out to my awesome roommate, Maxine, who is Holly's semi-permanent working student/present head groom. She is let me stay with her for the 2 weeks, and she's letting me stay with her again in July when I head back there (oops, i didn't mention that yet did I...well now I have!).
I'll have more to say later, and eventually I'll probably end up writing about my spring show season and my first round at Holly's, but right now I have to run to give a lesson to Emily (second shout out, sorry but they're fun) who will hopefully be riding my other horse for me while I am running around the East Coast like ants at a picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment