Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Game of Catch Up


Wow, can’t believe I haven’t written in a year. Well let me try to catch up with everything:
            -in September I went to Georgia to compete in the American Eventing Championships in the Preliminary Amateur division, after a not so hot dressage test we jumped clear to finish in 6th and win a variety of fun prizes
            -We then drove straight up to Middleburg, Va to get settled in at the O’Connors
            -After two months of priceless training, in October Karen fell at Morven Park on Veronica. While Karen is thankfully fine now, she was sidelined for quite some time. I had to make the tough decision to move on to a new system completely because of the fact that I knew I was not at a point in my career that I could be training myself and succeeding. This fact was what caused me to stop attending college full time in the first place. So with help from some irreplaceable friends I contacted Allison Springer about working for her, and luckily she needed a working student at the same time.
            -After the fall Virginia Horse Trials I followed Allison back home to the beautiful Beverly Equestrian where ASE is based out of.
            -So far it has been nine months of amazing training and experiences. I am so lucky and blessed that the stars aligned and connected me with such a talented trainer and instructor.
            -Apollo and I were all set to represent Area 2 at the North American Junior Young Rider Championships in Lexington, KY at the 2* level, but due to a injury were unable to go
            We will make our come back in the fall!
I will try to keep up with the blog more, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment