Friday, August 2, 2013

Teach Me How, Dougie

For about the past year, I have started encouraging my friends immediately before they do a dressage test, run cross country, or show jump by loudly insisting that they "teach me how to dougie". I don't really know why but I find that song and the dance highly entertaining, especially when I try to teach it to people *cough* David and Karen at the 2011 winter O'Connor camp *cough*. Also I feel that it conveys a better message than the usual "good luck" or "kick butt". It tells the person I feel they are capable of great things that I can only inspire to replicate and that they should do it at the moment, because the moment is theirs. So I have naturally adopted it as my own version of "break a leg". 
This weekend, Millbrook Horse Trials is going on in New York. As I have several friends competing I have been watching the scores, checking Facebook/twitter and reading commentary on Eventing Nation. Now what do I see today, but Doug Payne scored a ohmygoodness15.2  in prelim.
I'm just saying, this brings a whole new relevancy and meaning to my, much more implemented, phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment